Every fisherman has his own principles, his own approach and attitude to fishing. Somehow I got some summary review of the rules of behavior of a fisherman, which consisted of several dozen points that characterize the angler in one way or another, prescribe their aspects of behavior. I agreed with something, I am ready to speculate about some points. But in order not to go into the comments of other authors, now I want to voice some of my principles, which I try to adhere to when fishing.
– Most importantly, it should be understood that we are all people, and having met a person on a pond, throwing aside a hobby, and attitude should be like a person. The human attitude is the foundation that gives rise to everything else.
– The next rule is to keep the pond clean. And it is not only about garbage collection, not breaking trees, etc., but even about the possibility of garbage collection after other people, when it is possible.
– If I walk up to the pond and see that my place is already occupied by someone, then I try not to interfere with the person fishing, I move a considerable distance (at least 30-40 meters). There are cases when the fishermen themselves take the initiative to go fishing nearby, but this is another story.
– On winter fishing, many fishermen know “bazaars” when someone notices a lone angler who starts to haul, and slowly spud it. The result of this behavior can be a picture when several dozens of people gather in a limited area, often biting after that. In winter, near the fisherman, you can find several ready holes, and before you catch from them, ask for permission, since a person could make several holes at once for himself, and then periodically he catches them. Before doing so, ask yourself the question: “It would be personally pleasant for me if fishing fans would” surround me in this way? ” It seems to me that no …
– You should not approach the reservoir loudly, perhaps somewhere already fishing, and your loud behavior will be perceived with a negative. Sometimes I observed such behavior, as some fishermen, following to their place, behaved in such a way that their conversations were heard for a hundred meters. Enough is not enough.
– My next principle is: no alcohol on fishing (it doesn’t always work, but you have to try ..).
– For a long time I have been trying to let go of caught fish, if the damage is minor, or take it exactly in the amount so that you can cook the dish. The rest of the catch, it is better to let go, now is not the time when fishing is a means of survival. Naturally, if caught “fry”, and they are sent back to grow up. This is especially true of shur, petty Sudak, which are almost always good at pecking, and many under-hunters put them in the cage. Believe me, it depends on each of us whether there will be a fish in a pond. Let her grow up. This also applies to the observance of the rules of amateur fishing, a ban on the use of certain gear during spawning, etc. Do not be lazy, read this documentation.
– If you are fishing with someone nearby and are going to throw bait, it is advisable to inform your neighbor. Often, people do not mind. But if you do all this secretly, the attitude towards you may not change for the better.
– A separate topic is the lovers of fishing from the boat and their conflict with the rest of the fishermen. If you are fishing from a boat, then the last launch on the water do away from lovers of coastal fishing, you are not alone in the pond.
– To the reservoir, to the surrounding nature should be treated with love, take care of it. Often, in the coastal zone, you can notice empty bottles, cans from under the worms, etc. Remember, all your garbage must be removed from the reservoir – this behavior worthy of respect.
In general, it should be understood that fishing is a person’s ability to retire somewhat. Therefore, without unnecessary need not to violate someone’s space, you need to feel it.
As you understand, this is just a minimum, which I adhere to, I repeat, the main thing, in my opinion, is to remain human.
Good luck to you fishing.